The Data Capture Operator is responsible for the accurate capture of the alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from electronic images and/or source documents according to the custom developed software application including repair of incorrect data resulting from OCR process (optical character recognition results).
Monday (9:00 am – 6:00 pm)
Tuesday (9:30 am – 5:30 pm)
Wednesday – Friday (9:00 am – 5:30 pm)
Duties and Responsibilities?
The responsibilities of the Data Capture Operator are outlined as follows and no intended to be all inclusive:
• Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from electronic images utilizing the Captiva InputAccel software application to capture the appropriate data including repairing any rejected characters as a result of the OCR function.
• Routes electronic data to next work flow process when completed or in the case of undefined documents or documents that are not able to be indexed, may need to route electronic image to next work flow process.
• Responds to inquiries regarding the status of data capture, rejected character repair, or quality assurance phases of the data capture process.
• Follows proper procedures, rules, and processes for data capture and quality assurance of the data as outlined in the procedures manual.
• Utilizes appropriate and compliant safeguards to reasonably prevent the use or disclosure of confidential and protected information including Protected Health Information (PHI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and reports any concerns to the Document Center Operations Manager.?
• Data Capture Operator must be a team player and required to assist the entire team in meeting the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) requirements.
o 90% of documents are scanned, indexed and entered into the database on the same business day of receipt by Doc Center if received prior to 7:15 pm.
o 90% of documents are scanned, indexed and entered into the database by Noon of the following business day if received after 7:15 pm.
o 100% of documents are scanned within two business days of receipt by Doc Center.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
? ? ? ? Quality:? Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; ?applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality. Must meet standards of quality that are required to meet the service levels and performance standards outlined in the SLA/KPI’s.
? ? ? ? Quantity: ?Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works accurately and efficiently.
? ? ? ? Dependability: ?Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; maintains the production schedule requirements; commits to extended hours of work when necessary to reach daily production schedules and meets the daily service levels and performance standards; completes tasks on time or notifies supervisor of any potential delays or inabilities to meet the daily service levels and performance standards (SLA/KPI) requirements. ?
? ? ? ? Adaptability:??Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method as directed by supervisor; exhibits ability to deal with change or unexpected events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without accommodations. ?The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
? ? ?Education/Experience
• Previous work experience helpful.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
? ? ?Essential Functions: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Proficient computer skills
• Ability to track work and document routinely
• Manual dexterity with proficient hand-eye coordination
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Regular and timely attendance on the job
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ?
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands to write, type, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Specific lifting requirements include ability to lift and move trays weighing up to 20 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment includes proximity to many individuals like a public environment.