PME is looking for a Maintenance Repairer for our client in Toledo, OH. As the expert you will bring a deep technical mastery of the process and equipment. That expertise allows you to lead the planning, process development and implementation of Planned Maintenance Elements in a Continuous Improvement manufacturing environment. You will manage this through teams consisting of various technical and non-technical personnel, key support contractors and operations personnel.
Shift/Schedule: Monday-Friday. 2nd shift- From 3 pm to 11 pm.
- Tests, installs, and repairs plant equipment and machinery.
- Performs preventive maintenance and safety inspections on the equipment and machinery.
- Performs electrical inspection, repair and troubleshooting on production and support equipment and plant power systems (PLC, I/O, electronics, motors, and instruments).
- Performs basic mechanical work as required, including but not limited to sheet metal layout, fabrication, buildings and grounds, weights and scales, welding, and pipefitting.
- Documents work performed and communicates work activities to appropriate personnel.
- Reads, studies and reviews manuals, schematics and drawings and relevant literature to stay current on new equipment and the updating of existing equipment.
- Provides on-call emergency repair service for all areas of the mill.
- Uses fabrication shop process equipment such as drill press, hydraulic press, welder, band saw, sheet metal shear, metal brake, and milling machine.
- Follows all applicable policies and procedures, including Safety, Quality and GMP’s.
Moderate exposure to dusty and dirty work conditions and seasonal weather extremes (work is both inside and outside). Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Works from ladders and elevated platforms. Climb steps, crawl over, under and into equipment as necessary to perform job duties.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Industrial maintenance: 5 years (Required) with certification, 6 years without
- English (Required)
- Mechanical Certificate (Highly Preferred)
- Electrical Certificate (Highly Preferred)
- Work authorization (Required)
- AM-Autonomous Maintenance Step 4 systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Progressive Maintenance Step 3: 1 year (Preferred)